Senior TAX Accountant
Salary Market Related
We are recruiting for an experienced TAX accountant with minimum of 3 years experienced in a similar position to join a Premium African financial services organization that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments based in Cape Town.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor of Accountancy: Advanced Taxation (Required)
This role will assume responsibility for the following areas of tax advisory work, as well as the execution of tax reporting and compliance related processes :
- Prepare the tax provision numbers for purposes of reporting, on a monthly, quarterly and, interim and annual basis including business planning and forecasting. and implement key controls and improvements to the process
- Assist with automation of the tax computation process and align it with HFM; Detailed analysis and review of the HFM tax packs and any documentation required for specific reporting periods;
- Assist with standardizing tax reporting templates for life companies across the Group.
- Assist with Process improvements relating to the collation of information
- Assist with the deferred tax reconciliations and the automation thereof.
- Assist with the preparation of the tax return.
- Assist with delivery and execution of ad-hoc tax optimisation projects.
KEY RESULTS AREAS TAX MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
- Assessment of tax process and financial impacts as a result of changes to Tax Legislative Changes or SARS Practice Changes or Business Structural Changes
- Assist with establishing best practice processes for interim and year end reporting, forecasting and business planning processes for tax reporting
- Effective Tax Rate Analysis
- Review and/or preparation of tax disclosure in Annual Financial Statements for Life companies
- Monitoring and assessing Key Controls over Tax Processes; the identification and documentation of Tax Risks
- May be Responsible for the review of more complex Tax, VAT or PAYE, DWT, FATCA Statutory Submissions on an ad hoc basis.
- Identify reasons for differences between tax versus financial accounting reporting Identify solutions to streamline and build efficiencies within the tax reporting processes that will allow for enhanced decision making
GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE
- Assist with the development and implementation of Group Tax Policy and codes of best practice across the business and across all tax types
- Ensure that the business complies with all aspects of tax compliance
- Ensure that compliance of various RSA Tax Acts are regularly monitored
- Sound business process and internal systems tax related knowledge
- Responsible for putting together tax process and compliance guidelines and quality standards and enforcing them throughout the business
- Responsible for identifying Operational Tax Risks and providing input into and maintaining Tax Risk Logs, dashboards and developing risk mitigation strategies
- In addition to strong relationships with colleagues in Group Tax, drive Cross-Functional and Segment Collaboration
- Build strong relationships with SARS at the Middle Management and Tax Specialists Subject Matter Experts
- Build Relationships with industry members on industry related tax compliance workgroups and sub-committees e.g. ASISA
- Prepare opinions and motivations to justify tax positions taken by the Business Prepare, review and submit tax returns, tax objections and appeals and alternate dispute resolution cases, as well as requests for tax directives to the Revenue Authority, on behalf of the Business
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Business on the implementation of new tax processes and tax controls, new products, administration platforms and systems
- Prepare Voluntary Disclosure submissions and requests for penalty remission to SARS Seek opportunities to minimise tax payments and identify tax risk mitigation strategies for the Group
- Prepare or assist with addressing customer tax-related (eg PAYE, IT3a/b) queries of a legislative nature escalated by Client Servicing Areas, the internal or external Ombudsman, or sales advisor and brokers, as and when necessary
Email comprehensive resume: firstname.lastname@example.org